Friday, May 11, 2012

Congratulations To The Elite/Select On Another Completed American Tour

Photo by Keith Jones.
Used with Permission.
This is slightly premature as the team is finishing their final week in Hawaii against the Globetrotters. But I want to congratulate the International Elite/Global Select (if this dual name thing continues, I'm going to have to figure out an easier way to type it.) on finishing the 2012 North America Tour.

This isn't really the end of their "season" as the team will have many games overseas coming up, not to mention another military tour and another series in their "home town" of Willwood, NJ this summer. But as far as the US tour is concerned the team will basically be calling it quits until the 2013 tour. I still hold out hope with the tour will come a return to the Green and Gold, but of course they have my support no matter what their uniforms say on them.

I hope most of you reading this blog had the pleasure of seeing them perform with the Harlem Globetrotters. I got the pleasure of taking my nephew to his first Harlem Globetrotters game and it was a memory I hope will last a lifetime for him.

Although, I think he was embarrassed when I cheered for the International Elite (in a respectable way that in no way involved booing the Globetrotters. Like any good fan of the team should) but he still had fun.

Here is looking forward to covering the team as they begin the international legs of the tour (which usually comes with some new signings) and looking forward to 2013 already.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I don't know who else to ask. Will the Generals be back in action this February in NJ?

    ReplyDelete