Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Randomness Week 5

Copyright © by Michael and Kyla Jackson. All rights reserved.
Used with permission.
I found an excellent article on Washington General David Burch from Last January. While local media writing an article about their local boy being in the Generals, especially during their rookie year, is pretty much par for the course this one was especially good. CLICK HERE!

A blog called Dad of Divas' Reviews has reviewed former General Sean McCartney's book "Breaking the Beale Code". READ THE REVIEW HERE! and ORDER THE BOOK FROM AMAZON.COM HERE!

I can no longer find the article to link to, they apparently took it down. (if someone knows where it is please tell me) but FARK.COM had a hilarious headline listed, "Former Globetrotters sue team, Washington Generals hoping for jury duty".

A few weeks ago I did a post on Bill Spivey. I came across a list of his career highlights courtesy of APBR which details quite a bit of his history with many of the Harlem Globetrotters regular opponents, including the Generals. CLICK HERE TO READ THEM!

For anyone who didn't notice the tabs above now have a "Top Players" tab, which indexes my "Washington Generals Top Players" post. I will still post them on the main page with the blog entries, but thought I would give new viewers and people interested an easier way to find my old entries.

On a final, slightly unrelated note, Dizzy Grant of the Globetrotters (and formerly of the New York Nationals) posted a video on YouTube asking Shaq to come play for the Harlem Globetrotters. I doubt it would ever happen, that is a hell of a traveling schedule for him to take on right off the NBA for what I can only assume would be a lot less money. Never mind the fact he is not a young guy anymore. But I will say that I can't think of anyone in the NBA right now, or in his case just coming off the NBA, who would be a better fit for the Trotters than Shaquille O'Neal. Although for the Washington Generals sake they sure better hope he doesn't.

I embedded the video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment